Woopra

Sunday, March 22, 2015

'twas Twitter killed the beast?

I have a hard time conceding that the Cape May Blog is dead, but facts is facts. I haven't updated much in the last 18 months, and that corresponds to Twitter's emergence. If I have a short blog post in mind, then it makes more sense to tweet it out. Long posts feel indulgent. Plus, maybe 50-100 people look at the average blog post timely. My twitter feed has 2600 followers, and I add several followers every few days.

Google hasn't helped. Its blog templates became increasingly bizarre, with all sorts of formatting issues. I don't have the time to figure out the nuances of Google's blog templates, and don't understand why they became more - not less - complicated over time.

I won't declare the blog dead as perhaps things will change that allow me to get back to this blog. And I will leave the old posts up for all to discover, as I know each day my older posts find a new audience.

But for now, don't look for much on the blog. Look for me updating regularly on Twitter - my handle is @capemayblogger, of course.

I'll meet you further on up the road.

1 comment: