Woopra

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day 2014

An awful, despicable disease named ALS took my Mom five years ago on July 1, 2009. Five years yet it seems like a different lifetime, while also seeming like it was yesterday.  Mo, as her many friends called her, loved few things as much as her six grandchildren in the photo above sitting either on her lap or with her (four of whom are my children!).  She loved Cape May almost as much as those grandchildren, and I am so thankful that God gave her enough time on Earth to impart that love for Cape May to those grandchildren.  If you look hard enough, you should recognize that this is the bench in front of the Merion Inn in the photo.  She loved the Merion Inn.



If I mention any Cape May restaurant and Mo, then I would be remiss if I didn't also mention her absolute favorite -- McGlade's.  She pretty much had breakfast here every morning when in town, and here she is with my four children at this breakfast institution in the summer of 2008.

I miss you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment