Woopra

Friday, October 26, 2012

Hurricane Sandy and Cape May - it's not Fourth of July, Asbury Park

It's not looking good for our favorite little hamlet of Cape May and the greater New Jersey area.  Here's the current model projection as of 8am this morning:

As you can see, several projections take the storm through or very close to Cape May.  Last year's experience with Irene may cause locals to look askance at these projections, since ultimately Irene did not do much in Cape May. I hope Sandy also does little damage to Cape May, but at the same time I hope the locals take the storm seriously.  The many photos I've seen of the Storm of '62, and the damage it did to Cape May, demonstrate that a storm can wreak havoc in Cape May if it hits the town square.

I will try and post photos as I receive them. I will try to make the blog the first place you turn to for Cape May Hurricane Sandy News if I have to. But I still hope that the storm turns away from the Jersey shore altogether. You should also look to Twitter for information -- check out @capemaychris, @cookecapemay, and @CapeMayPoint for good Cape May-centric information.


1 comment: