Woopra

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Nana Mo & four of the lights of her life
 When May arrives, thoughts turn to time in Cape May a little more seriously.  Summer is around the corner after all.  I think of times to come, but I also think of memories of past times in Cape May.  For my family, Cape May memories are infused with the memories of my Mom, Maureen Slattery Miller, who passed on her love for Cape May to me, my wife, and our four children.  







Mom by McGlade's
A few years ago on Mother's Day I mentioned that my Mom loved Ireland as well as Cape May. She also loved Little House on the Prairie (the tv show).  As a child, I only watched the show because it meant I got to watch tv and stay up a bit later than my usual bedtime.  But now, I truly enjoy the show.


Here's one of my Mom's favorites quotes from her favorite episode:




"Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you. If you can only remember with tears, then don't remember me at all."


I try to abide by that quote, as my Mom asked. It's easier said than done.

We miss you, Nana Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment