Woopra

Friday, May 25, 2012

Congratulations to the City of Cape May & Its Government



If you've been reading this blog for the last few years, you know that I have followed the saga of Cape May's new Convention Hall for a long, long time.  If you read my old posts on Convention Hall -- which you can do right here -- a theme emerges.   Long before they broke ground on the new Hall, even as far as back as early 2010, the City leaders promised that a new Hall would open on Memorial Day Weekend 2012.  Frankly, like many people, I was dubious that the City would meet that deadline.  I never suggested I didn't think the City would pull it off, but I implied I thought it was unlikely.  Lo & Behold, thanks to good weather and hard work, the City achieved that long-stated goal.  The City deserves congratulations on a job well done, and this is a time when a job was well done. Kudos to Mayor Mahaney and the City Manager MacLeod for pulling this off.  I hope everyone going to tomorrow night's concert has a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment