Woopra

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Not a Good Outlook

The computer models have consistently shown Irene hitting Cape May on Sunday morning. Keep in mind that if the 'cane hits land before reaching CM, landfall does unpredictable things to hurricanes. But Governor Christie appears likely to order evacuations in the next 12-24 hours. Having been caught in hurricane evacuation traffic in the past, I suggest that if you have a place to go you just go there now so as to beat the traffic. In the meantime, I will continue to update. And in my next post I will provide links to the different webcams in Cape May that will allow you to watch the surf at least until the power is knocked out. The webcam links are on the leftside of the page but I will put the links in a post sometime later today, as well.

1:07 Thursday, August 24th, 2011: Waiting for Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment