Woopra

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Longing

I'm partial to many streets of Cape May, but my favorite must be Hughes Street. Hughes is the one-way street just east/south of Washington Street. I love to start on Ocean (it's 2 blocks closer to the mall from the Colonial) and walk or bike the street (of course, on a bike be sure to follow the rules of the road. In fact, don't bike the wrong way up Hughes. You may walk it on the sidewalk against the one-way sign, but do not bike it! Got it?). Here's a photo of that beautiful street to tide us over until the summer:
























If you know Hughes Street, then you know this photo:



is just a little closer to the beach from where that intersection of Hughes and Ocean is, that I described above (you can see the Colonial/Inn of Cape May in the back).





But back to Hughes. If you walk up Hughes like I suggested, you're gonna end up at Franklin Street. I can't recall exactly where this house is, but it is on Franklin:



Well, this exercise was supposed to help me miss Cape May less, but it has made me miss it more. I can't wait to lazily walk and bike ride up and down those streets all morning into afternoon, with not a care in the world! Only a few more months!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite house is the beautiful sunny golden yellow Hall cottage!

    ReplyDelete